Philosophy and power. Part I. Architecture of power
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2020. Vol. 9. No. 4. Pp. 211-223.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
By institutionally supporting property, providing influence, and constituting status, power regulates the existence of the whole in the legal, political, and cultural field. The strength of power is not in the power equipment, but in the effective mobilization of involvement and participation. The quality of the latter is determined by the directedness on people of the core elements of government, which receive a philosophical justification for initiating apologies and technologies. The distinct image of perfect existence introduced by philosophy demands from the power of a specific way of thinking and acting. And this, to put it briefly, is a people-oriented policy. As Hegel emphasized, it is the greatest absurdity to impose on a nation institutions to which it has not come in its organic development. Otherwise, it is a repressive tyranny, despotism, autocracy. Power is an instrument of peace, not war, and it should not deform life with enlightenments, shakes, and objectifications of speculation. Laminar improvements - meliorism, reformism, evolutionism are verified by common sense and constituted by the people’s will - fixpoints of far-sighted policy. The best type of power implementation is a competent influence that avoids violence. Only that power is welcome, which is sanctioned by the citizens. Power is functioning not as a means of generating self-sufficient schemes, but as a means of developing a balance of forces - balancing innovation with the people’s will.
- • domination
- • dependence
- • freedom
- Bikerman I. S. Russkaya mysl'. Kn. 8-12. Berlin, 1922.
- Brodskii I. Maloe sobranie sochinenii [Small collected works]. Saint Petersburg: Azbuka, 2017.
- Hoffmann E. T. A. Maloe sobranie sochinenii [Small collected works]. Saint Petersburg: Azbuka, 2016.
- Il'in V. V. Politologiya [Political science]. Moscow: ID KDU, 2018.
- Il'in V. V. Filosofiya [Philosophy]. Moscow: Prospekt, 2019.
- Il'in V. V. Liberal Arts in Russia. 2020. Vol. 9. No. 2. Pp. 81-103.
- Il'in V. V. Liberal Arts in Russia. 2020. Vol. 10. No. 3. Pp. 151-164.
- Levitanskii Yu. Kazhdyi vybiraet po sebe [Everybody chooses for himself]. Moscow: Izd-vo AST, 2019.
- Lenin V. I. Polnoe sobranie sochinenii [Complete collected works]. Moscow: Gospolitizdat, 1962. Vol. 36.
- Machiavelli N. Knyaz' [The prince]. Moscow: Iglmoss Edishinz, 2012.
- Mayakovskii V. V. Polnoe sobranie sochinenii [Complete collected works]. V 13 t. Moscow: Goslitizdat, 1955. Vol. 1.
- Sologub F. Stikhotvoreniya [Poems]. Leningrad: Sovet-skii pisatel', 1975.
- Stalin I. V. Sobranie sochinenii [Collected works]. Moscow: Politizdat, 1951. Vol. 1.
- Classic American Philosophy. N. Y., 1951.