On the question of the importance of philosophical understanding the concept of “information” and related problems (the problems of information security)
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2018. Vol. 7. No. 6. Pp. 464-470.Get the full text (Russian)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The authors of the article analyze the concept of information, give its interpretations from the position of two approaches - attributive and functional, and substantiate the importance of its philosophical understanding, which is represented by the attributive approach. Within the framework of such new direction as the philosophy of information, the main problems that it is trying to solve are indicated. As a result, the issue of information security, which is extremely multidimensional and complex, comes first. However, this problem requires philosophical reflection. Information security is related to protection of information. And since behind the information lies knowledge, which always have meaning, the article is focused on the semantic component of information. In this case, knowledge depends on the context and on the peculiarities of the recipient of information, and, consequently, on recipient’s culture and the culture of the society in which recipient lives. In this regard, the possibility of reaching the level of the philosophy of information security, which is understood by the authors of the article as a new promising direction within the framework of the philosophy of information, whose research should be knowledge derived from all possible information that is meaningful and true, becomes relevant. In connection with this, the problem of information manipulation is stated: a person is not able to analyze and critically comprehend the flow of information, which opens up broad opportunities for influencing consciousness and manipulating it.
- • information
- • information society
- • information security (IS)
- • information security philosophy (ISP)
- • attributive and functional approaches
- • information manipulation
- Bekman I. N. Informatika. Kurs lektsii. URL: http://profbeckman.narod.ru/InformLekc.htm.
- Govorukhina K. A. Chelovek. Soobshchestvo. Upravlenie. 2012. No. 1. URL: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/globalnoe-informatsionnoe-obschestvo-i-novye-aspekty-izucheniya-propagandy-v-kontekste-informatsionnoy-bezopasnosti.
- Ivanov V. D. Virtualizatsiya obshchestva. Saint Petersburg: Peterburgskoe vostokovedenie, 2000.
- Informatsii teoriya. Novaya filosofskaya entsiklopediya. URL: http://iph.ras.ru/elib/1264.html.
- Kolin K. K. Vestnik Bibliotechnoi assamblei Evrazii. 2004. No. 1. Pp. 12-15.
- Kolin K. K. Sinergetika, filosofiya, kul'tura: sb. nauch. tr. Moscow: RAGS, 2001. Pp. 146-167.
- Kolin K. K. Filosofskie problemy informatiki [Philosophical problems of computer science]. Moscow: BINOM. Laboratoriya znaniya, 2010.
- Kudzh S. A. Perspektivy nauki i obrazovaniya. 2013. No. 6. Pp. 9-12.
- Lyu Gan. Voprosy filosofii. 2007. No. 5. Pp. 45-57.
- Panarin I. N. Informatsionnaya voina i geopolitika [Information war and geopolitics]. Moscow: Pokolenie, 2006.
- Posol'stvo RF v Soedinennom Korolevstve Velikobritanii i Severnoi Irlandii: URL: https://www.rus.rusemb.org.uk/policycontact/72.
- Khurgin V. Informatsionnye resursy Rossii. 2007. No. 3. URL: http://www.aselibrary.ru/press_center/journal/irr/2007/number_3/number_3_6/number_3_6571/.
- URL: http://www.scrf.gov.ru/documents/5.html.