On “speech eversions” as an evidence of child’s perception of the world
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2017. Vol. 6. No. 3. Pp. 215-222.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
This article devoted to “speech eversions” that are viewed as speech evidences of children’s (inverted) perception of the world. The cases of perceiving the world from a point of view that is not corresponding to the norm are considered, including those that are caused by child’s egocentrism, by incorrect ’partitioning’ of objects in reality, by properties of input. Children’s verbal causative oppositions are also analyzed in connection with the “inverted” worldview. The conclusion is made that “speech eversions” are most often somehow connected with the stage of child’s egocentric perception of the world.
- • children
- • egocentrism
- • shifters
- • shifted point of reference
- • input
- Dobrova G. R. Ontogenez personal'nogo deiksisa: avtoref. dis. ... d-ra filol. nauk. Saint Petersburg: RGPU im. A. I. Gertsena, 2005.
- Jespersen O. Language: Its Nature, Development and Origin. London, 1922.
- Jakobson R. On Language. Cambridge, Mass.: Harvard University Russian Language Project, 1990. Rp. 386-392.
- Bates E., Bretherton I., Snyder L. From first words to grammar. Individual differences and dissociable mechanisms. Cambridge, 1988.
- Budwig N. Papers and reports on child language development. Stanford, 1985. No. 24. Pp. 30-38.
- Loveland K. A. Journal of child language. 1984. Vol. 11. No. 3. Pp. 535-556.
- Dobrova G. Psychology of Language and Communication. 1999. Vol. 3. No. 2. Pp. 73-82.
- Charney R. Journal of child language. 1980. Vol. 7. No. 3. Pp. 509-528.
- Chiat S. Journal of child language. 1981. Vol. 8. No. 1. Pp. 75-91.
- Chiat S. Language acquisition (studies in first language development). Cambridge, 1986. Pp. 339-355.
- Ragnarsdottir H. Language and thought in development: Cross-linguistic studies. Tübingen: Günter Narr Verlag, 1996. Pp. 73-94.
- Haviland S. E. , Clark E. V. The onthogenesis of meaning. Weisbaden: Akademische Verlagsgesellschaft Athenaion, 1979. Pp. 225-252.
- Piazhe Zh. Rech' i myshlenie rebenka [The language and thought of the child]. Moscow, 1994.
- Dobrova G. R. Problemy ontolingvistiki-2012: Mat-ly nauch. konf. Moscow, 2012. Pp. 467-473.
- Tseitlin S. N. Ocherki po slovoobrazovaniyu i formoobrazovaniyu v det-skoi rechi [Essays on word formation and derivation in child's speech]. Moscow: Znak, 2009.