Semantics of inexpressible in “The seven who were hanged” by L. Andreev
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2016. Vol. 5. No. 6. Pp. 573-579.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
The article is devoted to the functional-semantic category of inexpressible; its brief characteristics, the history of research in different countries and different sciences are given, the hierarchical organization of means of its expression is shown. The author of the article defines the specifics of the semantics of inexpressible in the story “The Seven Who Were Hanged” by L. Andreev. The semantics of inexpressible is described as the functional-semantic category . The description of the analytical and synthetic multi-level transmission means of semantics of inexpressible is given: one-word, as part of indivisible combinations and in the word combinations that represent descriptive parts. Four significant results of studying the existence of elements of inexpressible in the analyzed novel have been defined . It was revealed that Andreev’s five of seven characters were marked with the markers of inexpressible. The following text function means of transmitting semantics of inexpressible were identified and characterized: characterological, actualization of content-conceptual information, actualization of means of expression, in particular, the antithesis; it was shown that this lexeme also actualizes the content-conceptual information and the antithesis of life and death in an art space story, is also a symbol of cross-cutting story. the interaction of semantics of inexpressible with the lexeme indicating the world of otherness - the unknown - was also revealed . The hypothesis is proved that the actualization of means of transmitting of semantics of inexpressible is due to the tasks posed in the story revealing the most important challenges of human’s life purpose, the interaction of life and death.
- • semantics of inexpressible
- • functional-semantic category
- • the antithesis
- • the lexeme “unknown”
- • world of otherness
- Abramova V. I. Motiv "nevyrazimogo" v russkoi romanticheskoi kartine mira: ot V. A. Zhukovskogo k K. K. Sluchevskomu: dis. ... kand. filol. n. Moscow, 2007.
- Andreev L. N. Povesti i rasskazy. Kuibyshev: Kuibyshevsk. izd-vo, 1981. Pp. 373-436.
- Vitgenshtein L. Logiko-filosofskii traktat [Logical-philosophical treatise]. Moscow: AST, 2010.
- Gal'perin I. R. Tekst kak ob''ekt lingvisticheskogo issledovaniya [The text as object of linguistic study]. Moscow: URSS, 2007.
- Golub I. B. Stilistika russkogo yazyka. 11 ed. [Stylistics of the Russian language. 11th ed.] Moscow: Airis-Press, 2010.
- Goncharov S. A. Tvorchestvo Gogolya v religiozno-misticheskom kontekste [The works of Gogol in the religious-mystical context]. Saint Petersburg, 1997.
- Ivanyan E. P. Semantika umolchaniya i sredstva ee vyrazheniya v russkom yazyke. 2 ed. [The semantics of reticence and the means of its expression in the Russian language. 2nd ed.] Moscow: FLINTA, 2015.
- Sintsov E. V. Priroda nevyrazimogo v iskusstve i kul'ture [The nature of inexpressible in art and culture]. Kazan': Fen, 2003.
- Syritsa G. S. Slavyanskie yazyki i kul'tury v sovremennom mire. Moscow: MGOU, 2009. Pp. 294-295.
- Syritsa G. S. Aktualizatsiya avtorskikh smyslov v khudozhestvennom tekste. Lingvopoeticheskii aspect [The actualization of the author's meaning in a literary text. Linguopoetics aspect]. Moscow: FLINTA, 2014.
- Etkind E. G. "Vnutrennii chelovek" i vneshnyaya rech': Ocherki psikhopoetiki russkoi literatury XVIII-XIX vv. ["Inner human" and outer speech: Essays on psychopoetics of the Russian literature of the 18th-19th centuries.] Moscow, 1998.
- Kita M. Stylistyka KhI. Opole, 2002. Pp. 101-119.
- Korolko M. Sztudika retoryki. Przewodnik encyklopedyczny. Warszawa: Wiedza Powszchna, 1990.
- Lachmann R. Gøgøl: Exploring Absence. Bloomington, IN: Slavica, 1999. Pp. 18-33.
- Mikhailova M. Yu. Expression of inexpressible: time of globalization. Chapter 7. Actual problems of the humanities: Monograph. Vienna: East West, 2016. Vol. 3. Pp. 69-83.