Constellation of languages in multicultural space (to the problem of formation of active bilingualism)
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2015. Vol. 4. No. 2. Pp. 128-137.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
The modern world is multicultural and multilingual, it creates difficulties for the mutual contacts of the nations with different languages. The problem of overcoming the language barrier in a multilingual world is urgent. One of the best ways to solve this problem is bilingualism: possession of two languages, a native and a second one, generally intermediate language. The choice of the intermediate language is determined by socio-political and socio-economic conditions of contacting people. In a multinational state official language of the country serves as an intermediate language. In the multi-ethnic Russian Federation, Russian language chosen as the intermediate language, by which representatives of different nationalities come into contact with each other. National-Russian bilingualism in the Russian Federation has become a mass phenomenon: all non-Russian population in varying degrees is fluent in Russian language. Further improvement of bilingualism at the present stage is solved in the new format - as an active bilingualism. In an active and harmonious bilingualism, languages distribute responsibilities among themselves: native language and intermediate language perform different public functions and the number of functions is usually not equal, one language performs more functions than the other does. It depends on the status of the language: the higher the status of the language, the more reason a speaker has for its extensive use in different areas of communication. Harmonious bilingualism helps to keep the national identity of each language and makes it possible to operate each of them on an equal footing in a multicultural space. Among the many politically and legally equal languages of the Russian Federation, a special place belongs to the Russian language: it performs a consolidating function, combines the languages of the nations of Great Russia into one united family. Multilingual Russia can be compared with a starry firmament. The more bright stars we can see, the more beautiful the starry sky is. The star of the Russian language in the sky shines especially bright.
- • bilingualism
- • native language
- • intermediate language
- • multilingual world
- • multicultural space
- • the constellation of languages
- • linguistic personality
- • bilingual person
- Bogoroditskii V. A. O prepodavanii russkoi grammatiki v tatarskoi shkole [On the Teaching of Russian Grammar in Tatar School]. Kazan', 1951.
- Dmitriev N. K., Chistyakov V. A. Lingvometodika: istoriograficheskii aspekt. Kazan': Magarif, 2009. Pp. 20–120.
- Shanskii N. M. Russkoe yazykoznanie i lingvodidaktika. Moscow, 1985. Pp. 15–23
- Leont'ev A. A. Alma mater. 1998. No. 12. Pp. 13–18.
- Bakeeva N. Z. Metodika obucheniya morfologii russkogo yazyka v tatarskoi shkole [Methods of Teaching Russian Morphology in Tatar School]. Kazan': Tat.knizh. izd-vo, 1961.
- Shakirova L. Z. Pedagogicheskaya lingvistika [Pedagogical Linguistics]. Kazan': Magarif, 2008.
- Sayakhova L. G. Metodologiya i metodicheskaya sistema formirovaniya lingvokul'turologicheskoi kompetentsii tyurkoyazychnykh uchashchikhsya na urokakh russkogo yazyka [Methodology and Methodical System of Formation of Linguocultural Competence of the Turkic-Speaking Pupils at the Lessons of Russian Language]. Ufa: RITs BashGU, 2010.
- Anisimov G. A. Nauchnye osnovy izucheniya morfologii russkogo yazyka v chuvashskoi shkole (funktsional'nyi aspekt): avtoref. dis. ... d-ra ped. nauk. Moscow, 1989.
- Zakir'yanov K. Z. Sopostavitel'naya grammatika russkogo i bashkirskogo yazykov [Comparative Grammar of Russian and Bashkir Languages]. Ufa: Gilem, 2004.
- Desheriev Yu. D., Protchenko I. F. Problemy dvuyazychiya i mnogoyazychiya. Moscow: Nauka, 1972. Pp. 26–42.
- Yusupova Z. F. Life Science Journal. 2014. Vol. 11. No. 7. Pp. 366–369. https://doi.org/10.7537/j.issn.11.7.097-8135
- Van Assche E., Duyck W., Hartsuiker R. J., Diependaele K. Psychological Science. 2009. No. 20. Pp. 923–927. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-9280.2009.02389.x
- Healey K. M., Campbell K. L., Hasher L., Ossher L. Psychological Science. 2010. No. 21. Pp. 1464–1470. https://doi.org/10.1177/0956797610382120
- Khamraeva E. A. Russkii yazyk v natsional'noi shkole. 2010. No. 1. Pp. 27–31.
- Yusupova Z. F. Gross language interferetion in teaching of the Russian language as non-native. URL: www.bilingual-online.net/
- Russko-tatarskii slovar' [Russian-Tatar Dictionary]. Ed. F. A. Ganieva. Moscow: Rus. yaz. 1991.