Once again about the “New dress of the King”, or social construction and the internet as a “trap”
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2021. Vol. 10. No. 4. Pp. 254-265.Get the full text (Russian)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This article examines the process of social construction and the role of modern information technologies, and above all the Internet, based on the concept of “collective intentionality” by the American philosopher J. Searle. The author starts from the vivid images of the fairy tale-parable of G.-H. Andersen’s “The New Dress of the King”, revealing the essence of this concept. “Collective intentionality” acts as a basic instrument of the demiurgic function of language, through which social ties are formed within specific linguistic collectives. Then, on this basis, as a result of the renewal of the existing “collective intentionality”, the subject forms social ties, which later become social institutions. As a result, the idea of the state is constituted in the mind of the subject. The concept of “collective intentionality” is one of the most difficult philosophical concepts to understand due to its direct relationship with “pre-linguistic intentionality”, which is constituted on the basis of the synthesis of the subject’s sensations. Therefore, according to the author, an adequate understanding of “collective intentionality”, with any strategy of philosophical research, is possible only on the basis of the methodology of implicit knowledge. The main conclusions are substantiated by the author in the text of the article and presented in the conclusion.
- • collective unconscious
- • natural language
- • social status
- • implicit knowledge
- • demiurgic role of language
- • linguistic collective
- • information technology
- • Internet
- • constitution of the image of social reality
- • social transformations
- Searle J. Filosofiya, logika, yazyk [Philosophy, logic, language]. Moscow: Progress, 1987.
- Derrida Zh. Polya filosofii. Moscow: Akademicheskii proekt, 2012.
- Sultanova L. B., Salakhova N. R. Vestnik Bashkirskogo universiteta. 2011. Vol. 16. No. 3. Pp. 823-829.
- Khoruzhii S. S. Voprosy filosofii. 1997. No. 6. Pp. 53-68.
- Sultanova L. B. Liberal Arts in Russia. 2018. Vol. 7. No. 4. Pp. 245-259.
- Polani M. Lichnostnoe znanie [Personal knowledge]. Moscow: Progress, 1985.
- Sultanova L. B. ITIDS+RRS'2014. Tr. 2-i mezhdunarodnoi konferentsii "Informatsionnye tekhnologii intellektual'noi podderzhki prinyatiya reshenii". 18-21 maya. Ufa, 2014. Vol. 2. Pp. 196-201.
- Searle J. Voprosy ekonomiki. 2007. No. 8. Pp. 5-27.