Transformation of values in the process of formation of postindustrial society
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2018. Vol. 7. No. 4. Pp. 273-283.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
An attempt was made to comprehend the factors contributing to the change in the value orientations of a person during the transition of the society from the industrial to the postindustrial state. The authors of the article studied the differences of the value bases of different types of societies, methodologically distinguished according to the type of technological and economic basis. It was demonstrated that under the influence of postindustrial tendencies, many societies lose their social and cultural features determined by the industrial mode of economy, and acquire new ones reflecting the emerging civil society and more humanistic character of interpersonal relations. On the basis of logical and analytical approach and the methods of comparative analysis, the authors revealed the factors deterring formation of qualitatively different society. Among these factors, the authors emphasized the most significant ones such as the complicating of social relations, which follows the “deepening” of postindustrial mode, as well as the traditionalist views that are represented in different forms in all types of societies and aimed at preserving existing value orientations. The authors concluded that in the depths of the postindustrial society, despite the progress in overcoming the classical confrontation of strata, unfolded around ownership of the means of production, a dangerous social conflict is arising. It was discovered that this conflict is caused by “different ordinal” value motivations of the emerging social groups and is fraught with political cataclysms.
- • value orientations
- • industrialization
- • tradition
- • postindustrial mode
- • humanism
- • prosperity
- • progress
- • alienated class
- • intellectual class
- • social conflict
- Bell D. The Cultural Contradictions of Capitalism. N. Y.: Basic Books, 1976.
- Speer F. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost'. 1999. No. 5. Pp. 152-163.
- Inglehart R., Velzel C. Modernizatsiya, kul'turnye izmeneniya i demokratiya. Posledovatel'nost' chelovecheskogo razvitiya [Modernization, cultural change, and democracy. The human development sequence]. Moscow: Novoe izdatel'stvo. 2011.
- Marx K., Engels F. Soch. Moscow: Gospolitizdat, 1957. Vol. 6. Pp. 428-459.
- Galbraith J. Novoe industrial'noe obshchestvo [The new industrial society]. Moscow: Izdatel'stvo AST, 2004.
- Bell D. Gryadushchee postindustrial'noe obshchestvo. Opyt sotsial'nogo prognozirovaniya [The coming of post-industrial society: A venture in social forecasting]. Moscow: Akademiya, 1999.
- Beck U. Individualization. London: Sage, 2002. Pp. 1-21.
- Inglehart R. The American Political Science Review. 1971. Vol. 65. No. 4. Pp. 991-1017.
- Inglkhart R. Polis. 1997. No. 4. Pp. 6-32.
- Bauman Z. Individualizirovannoe obshchestvo [Individualized society]. Moscow: Logos, 2005.
- Inozemtsev V. L. Obshchestvennye nauki i sovremennost'. 2001. No. 3. Pp. 140-152.
- Eco U., Martini K. M. Dialog o vere i neverii [Dialogue about faith and unbelief]. Moscow: Bibleisko-bogoslovskii institut sv. apostola Andreya, 2011.
- Rakhmankulova N. F. Informatsionnaya epokha: vyzovy cheloveku. Moscow: Rossiiskaya politicheskaya entsiklopediya (ROSPSPEN), 2010. Pp. 144-174.
- Giddens A. Modernity and Self-Identity: Self and Society in the Late Modern Age. Cambridge: Polity Press, 1991.
- Giddens A. Uskol'zayushchii mir. Kak globalizatsiya menyaet nashu zhizn' [Runaway world: How globalization is reshaping our lives]. Moscow: Ves' Mir, 2004.
- Hegel G. W. F. Lektsii po filosofii istorii [Lectures on the philosophy of history]. Saint Petersburg: Nauka, 1993.
- Inozemtsev V. L. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya. 2000. No. 6. Pp. 67-77.
- Inglehart R. Modernization and Postmodernization: Cultural, Economic and Political Change in 43 societies. Princeton: Princeton University Press. 1997.
- Inglehart R. Kul'turnaya evolyutsiya: kak izmenyayut-sya chelovecheskie motivatsii i kak eto menyaet mir [Cultural evolution: people's motivations are changing, and reshaping the world]. Moscow: Mysl', 2018.
- Daniya zapretila nosit' nikab i burku v obshchestvennykh mestakh. URL: https://www.svoboda.org/a/29261573.html.
- Gudkov L. D. Otechestvennye zapiski. 2002. No. 3. Pp. 87-102.
- Levada Yu. A. Monitoring obshchestvennogo mneniya: ekonomicheskie i sotsial'nye peremeny. 2002. No. 6. Pp. 7-13.
- Ukaz Prezidenta Rossiiskoi Federatsii ot 31 dekabrya 2015 g. No. 683 "O Strategii natsional'noi bezopasnosti Rossiiskoi Federatsii". Rossiiskaya gazeta. 2015. 31 dekabrya.