Language models in Russian linguistics
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2017. Vol. 6. No. 2. Pp. 165-173.Get the full text (English)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the article, the models of the language system are described represented in the works of Russian linguists. Russian language models that formed by the end of the 20th century in Russian linguistics are quite different and even contradictive. Level model of the language system is leading among the reviewed; it is the basis of most studies of language units. Other non-hierarchic models of the language system is less well known. The model of language units representing the field brings together different levels of language units on the basis of their common features. Strategic setting can be semantic, functional or combination of both. The basis of the dynamic model is the idea of conceiving the order of the language system formation in the human mind. In the dynamic model of the language system, the criterion of quality is the time of forming special knowledge and skills in the speaker’s mind. In the multilayer model of the language, units are organized “in layers” and in the course of language dissolution we can trace their arrangement from the new complex forms to the deeper ones. Fourth non-hierarchical model is the associative-verbal network by Y. N. Karaulov. This model issuing from the fact that language is an open dynamic system. These models are an excellent illustration of General scientific principle of complementarity. Being so different, these models contribute to the creation of the general model both of the Russian and any other natural language.
- • modeling
- • language system
- • language model
- • systemology
- Raspopov I. P. Metodologiya i metodika lingvisticheskikh issledovanii [Methodology and methods of linguistic study]. Voronezh: Izd-vo Voronezhskogo un-ta. 1976.
- Popova Z. D. Metodicheskie ukazaniya k kursu "Modeli sistemy yazyka v sovremennoi lingvistike" dlya slushatelei povysheniya kvalifikatsii [Methodical guide on the course "Models of language system in modern linguistics" for advanced professional training]. Voronezh, 1996.
- Kasymova O. P. The Homeostasis of the Language System. Verbal Culture of the Humanity through the Prism of Ages. Materials digest of the LVIII International Research and Practice Conference and II stage of the Championship in philological sciences. London, July 23, 2013. Pp. 34-35. URL: http://gisap.eu/node/29060.
- Kasymova O. P. Integrity as a System Property of Language Units. Fundamental and applied sciences today North Charleston, SC: CreateSpace, 2013. Vol. 1. URL: http://today.science-publish.ru/maket.pdf.
- Sossyur F. de. Trudy po yazykoznaniyu [Works on linguistics]. Moscow, 1977.
- Kubryakova E. S. Obshchee yazykoznanie. Vnutrennyaya struktura yazyka. Moscow: Nauka, 1972. Pp. 8-91.
- Kubryakova E. S., Dem'yankov V. Z., Pankrats Yu. G., Luzina L. G. Kratkii slovar' ob''yasnitel'nykh terminov [Concise dictionary of explanatory terms]. Moscow, 1996.
- Bondarko A. V. Problemy funktsional'noi grammatiki. Ed. V. N. Yartseva. Moscow: Nauka, 1985. Pp. 16-30.
- Polevye struktury v sisteme yazyka [The field structures in the language system]. Ed. Z. D. Popova. Voronezh: Izd-vo Voron. Un-ta, 1989.
- Spivak D. L. Yazyk pri izmenennykh sostoyaniyakh soznaniya [The language of altered states of consciousness]. Leningrad: Nauka LO. 1989.
- Spivak D. L. Izmenennye sostoyaniya soznaniya: Psikhologiya i lingvistika [Altered states of consciousness: Psychology and linguistics]. Saint Petersburg: Yuventa. 2000.
- Yakobson R., Khalle M. Novoe v lingvistike. Moscow, 1962. No. 2. Pp. 231-278.
- Karaulov Yu. N. Assotsiativnaya grammatika russkogo yazyka [Associative grammar of the Russian language]. Moscow: Russkii yazyk, 1993.
- Karaulov Yu. N. Russkii assotsiativnyi slovar' [Russian associative dictionary]. Moscow: Russkii yazyk. 1993.
- Zvegintsev V. A. Teoreticheskaya i prikladnaya lingvistika [Theoretical and applied linguistics]. Moscow: Prosveshchenie, 1968.