On the question about current processes of development of modern society
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2016. Vol. 5. No. 2. Pp. 171-181.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
In the article the socio-political and socio-economic processes of the modern post-industrial society and the possible prospects of its future are analyzed. Existing at this moment concepts of the historical process, in particular, formational, civilizational, theories of modernization, do not provide an adequate analysis of the processes taking place in society. Thus, according to the theory of local civilizations, the basis of civilization are unique cultures that are resistant and incapable of self-transformation. However, the modern world is an expansion of multiculturalism. After the collapse of the socialist system the formational theory is discredited in public opinion. However, some of the provisions of this theory remain relevant. The theory of modernization is not universal and it is used in some cases of social researches. At the same time, the author does not share the point of view expressed by Samuel Huntington about the nature of the conflicts taking place in the world as a clash of civilizations. The article suggests that the essential processes taking place at the end of the 20th - the beginning of the 21st century in the world, linked to two factors. The first factor is change in the political map of the world, redrawing of borders, change in the political balance of power. The second factor is more significant. It is the aging of formational changes which nature remains open. But their focus will be directly determined by common culture, state of public consciousness and spiritual development of society.
- • natural historical development
- • social progress
- • globalization
- • social revolution
- • social conflicts
- • civilizational crisis
- Kostin V. A., Kostina I. B. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya. 2000. No. 1. Pp. 6–15.
- Lenin V. I. Poln. sobr. soch. T. 18.
- Fukuyama F. Konets istorii?. Voprosy filosofii. 1990. No. 3. Pp. 134–148.
- Khantington S. Stolknovenie tsivilizatsii? [The clash of civilizations?] Moscow: AST, 2003.
- Arshinov V. I. Sinergetika kak fenomen postneklassicheskoi nauki [Synergetics as a phenomenon of postnonclassical science]. Moscow, 1999.
- Knyazeva E. N., Kurdyumov S. P. Osnovaniya sinergetiki [The bases of synergetics]. Saint Petersburg, 2002.
- Lenin V. I. Poln. sobr. soch. T. 1. Pp. 133–139.
- Malkov S. Yu. Sotsial'naya samoorganizatsiya i istoricheskii protsess. Vozmozhnosti matematicheskogo modelirovaniya [Social self-organization and historical process. The possibilities of mathematical modeling]. Moscow, 2009.
- Marx K. Soch. Vol. 13. Pp. 7–8.
- Marx K. Kapital. T. II. Soch. Vol. 24. Pp. 43–44.
- Marx K. Kapital. T. III. Soch. Vol. 25. Ch. II. Pp. 353–354.
- Marx K. Kapital. T. I. Soch. Vol. 23. Pp. 89–90, 191.
- Marx K. Soch. Vol. 6. Pp. 441–442.
- Marx K. Pis'mo K. Marxa P. V. Soch. Vol. 27. Pp. 402–403.
- Marx K., Engel's F. Soch. Vol. 3. Pp. 74–75.
- Nazaretyan A. P. Tsivilizatsionnye krizisy v kontekste Universal'noi istorii (sinergetika – psikhologiya – prognozirovanie) [Civilization crises in the context of Universal history (synergetics – psychology – forecasting)]. Moscow, 2004.
- Prognoz i modelirovanie krizisov i mirovoi dinamiki [Prognosis and modeling of crises and world dynamics]. Ed. A. A. Akaev, A. V. Korotaev, G. G. Malinetskii. Moscow, 2009.
- Turchin P. V. Istoricheskaya dinamika. Na puti k teoreticheskoi istorii [Historical dynamics. On the way to theoretical history]. Moscow, 2010.