Linguocultural potential of education (Russian language)
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2015. Vol. 4. No. 2. Pp. 108-115.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
An attempt to reveal the linguistic and cultural potential of education in the process of learning Russian as a means of communication, of cognition of the linguistic picture of the world and the phenomenon of culture is made in the article. The stages of development of linguocultural concept of teaching Russian language in the Republic of Bashkortostan are presented. New approaches to teaching Russian language are considered. The author shows that in the process of education, elementary literacy of students should be achieved while they are dealing with communicative and socially important tasks contributing to the development and formation of students as linguistic personalities. The author concludes that the actual task of the modern school, which is a successful preparation for the unified state examination (USE), should also be achieved not by increased training before the exam, but provided by the total system of education aimed at the formation of personality with a wide range of language capabilities: a cultural person, well-speaking, correct writing, able to understand and interpret the text, to express their thoughts and feelings in their own texts. Such training involves the ascent of a language personality from basic literacy to formed linguistic, communicative and cultural competences. Theoretical basis and methodological support of the concept are presented in the list of publications.
- • linguocultural potential
- • Russian language
- • teaching concept
- • formation of identity
- • linguistic identity
- Ushinskii K. D. Sobranie pedagogicheskikh sochinenii: V 11 t. [Collection of Pedagogical Works: in 11 Volumes]. Moscow, 1948–1952.
- Gachev G. D. Natsional'nye obrazy mira [National Images of the World]. Moscow, 1988.
- Dautova G. Zh. Razvitie polikul'turnogo obrazovaniya v Povolzh'e: dis. … d-ra. ped. nauk. Kazan', 2004.
- Gershunskii B. S. Mentalitet i obrazovanie [Mentality and Education]. Moscow, 1996.
- Stolyarova G. R. Fenomen mezhetnicheskogo vzaimodeistviya: opyt post-sovet-skogo Tatarstana [The Phenomenon of inter-Ethnic Interaction: the Experience of the post-Soviet Tatarstan]. Kazan', 2004.