Contemporary Issues of Studying of Western European and Russian Mindset (According to the Results of Russian Nationwide Conference “National Identity through Language and Literature. Characteristics of Conceptosphere of a National Culture”)
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2015. Vol. 4. No. 1. Pp. 22-33.Get the full text (Russian)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
He work of the Russian nationwide conference “National identity through language and literature. Characteristics of conceptoshere of national culture” is analyzed in the article. Previous theoretical sources on the issue in question are summarized. The matters represented in the considered scientific forum are generalized. Diachronic analysis of national cultural consciousness as well as complex cognitive-based approach are used to investigate the issue. Special attention is paid to the study of linguistic world-image as exemplified in fiction, folklore, religious texts, business papers, scholarly works and media texts, as well as to the research of intercultural communication in the era of multiculturalism and globalization. As long as terms “cultural code”, “national code”, and “fictional code” are not precisely defined, the problem of terminological field was noted, as well as the issue of linguo-cognitive interpretation of methods for representing country image in linguistic consciousness. The attention was paid to Russian as a foreign language, to perception and transforming of European cultural codes by American and western European writers in synchronous and diachronic ways. Geopolitical factor of North and South that matters both in global (European) and local (in a particular countries) context was noted, particularly the issue of German distinction of the modern European mindset was reviewed. Lots of speaker papers mirrored interdisciplinary links that is of importance for contemporary scholarship in the context of globalization and multicultural society. Up-to-date schools of thought in the field of linguistics, literary studies and journalism were represented.
- • national and culture-historical identity
- • reception
- • interpretation
- • national identity
- • multiculturalism
- • national stereotypes
- • linguistic world-image
- • intercultural communication
- Gachev G. D. Natsional'nye obrazy mira. Tsentral'naya Aziya: Kazakhstan, Kirgiziya. Kosmos Islama (intellektual'nye puteshestviya) [National Images of the World. Central Asia: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan. The Space of Islam (Intellectual Journeys)]. Moscow: Izdatel'skii servis, 2002.
- Badmaev V. N. Fenomen natsional'noi identichnosti (sotsial'no-filosofskii analiz) [The Phenomenon of National Identity (Socio-Philosophical Analysis)]. Volgograd-Elista, 2005.
- Zakovorotnaya M. V. Identichnost' cheloveka. Sotsial'no-filosofskie aspekty. [The Identity of a Person. Social and Philosophical Aspects] Rostov n/D., 1999.
- Erikson E. Identichnost': yunost' i krizis [Identity: Youth and Crisis]. Moscow: Progress, 1996.
- Sharypina T. A. Vestnik Nizhegorodskogo universiteta im. N. I. Lobachevskogo. 2014. No. 3(1). Pp. 390–397.
- Sharypina T. A. Vospriyatie antichnosti v literaturnom soznanii Germanii XX v. (Troyanskii tsikl mifov): dis. ... d-ra filol. nauk. M.: MGU, 1998.
- Dialog tsivilizatsii: istoricheskii opyt i perspektivy XXI veka. Doklady i vystupleniya. Rossiisko-iranskii mezhdunarodnyi nauchnyi simpozium [Dialogue of Civilizations: Historical Experience and Perspectives of the 21st Century. Reports and Presentations. Russian-Iranian International Scientific Symposium]. Moskva: RUDN, 2002.
- Dialog tsivilizatsii Vostok-Zapad. Sed'moi mezhdunarodnyi filosofskii simpozium. Materialy simpoziuma [Dialogue of Civilizations East-West. Seventh International Philosophical Symposium. Materials of Symposium]. Moscow: Rossiiskii universitet druzhby narodov, 2003.
- Kafanova O. B. Filologicheskoe obrazovanie: sovremennye strategii i praktiki. Saint Petersburg, 2011. No. 1. Pp. 284–293.
- Jones Е. The English Nation: The Great Myth. Sutton Publishing Ltd, 2000.
- Reviron-Piegay F. Englishness Revisited. Cambridge Scholars Publishing, 2009.
- Gervais D. Literary Englands. Versions of Englishness in modern writing. Cambridge, 1993.
- Beutin W. Deutsche Literaturgeschichte: von den Anfängen bis zur Gegenwart. Stuttgart: Weimar, 2008.
- Geschichte der deutschen Literatur. München, 2009.
- Novye tendentsii v russkom yazyke nachala XX veka: koll. Monografiya [New Trends in Russian Language of the Early 20th Century: Collective Monograph]. Ed. L. V. Ratsiburskoi. Moscow: FLINTA, 2014.
- Russkii yazyk nachala XXI veka: leksika, slovoobrazovanie, grammatika, tekst:kollektivnaya monografiya [Russian Language of the Early 21st Century: Vocabulary, Word Formation, Grammar, Text: Collective Monograph]. Nizhnii Novgorod: Izd-vo NNGU im. N. I. Lobachevskogo, 2014.
- Petrova N. E., Ratsiburskaya L. V. Yazyk sovremennykh SMI: sredstva rechevoi agressii [Language of Modern Mass Media: Means of Verbal Aggression]. M., 2011.
- Radbil' T. B. Osnovy izucheniya yazykovogo mentaliteta: Uchebnoe posobie [Basics of the Study of Language Mentality: Textbook]. Moscow: Flina, 2010.
- Radbil' T. B. Logicheskii analiz yazyka: Chislovoi kod v raznykh yazykakh i kul'turakh. M., 2014. Pp. 465–473
- Khimik V. V. Poetika nizkogo ili Prostorechie kak kul'turnyi fenomen [Poetics of Low or Colloquially as a cultural Phenomenon]. Saint Petersburg, 2000.