Acupuncture Points of Mathematical Education of Philosophers: Contexts of the Worldview of the New Century
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2014. Vol. 3. No. 6. Pp. 457-467.Get the full text (Russian)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The article examines the current state of the mathematical education of the students-philosophers that depends on language of the humanitarian mathematics, evidence of its statements and methodological problem of the cognition of the mathematical facts. One of important tasks of philosophy of mathematical education consists in motivation of the need for training mathematics of students-philosophers. The main criterion of the usefulness of mathematics for philosophers is revealed in the ways of justification of its truth and completeness of reasoning of mathematical statements. This reflects the attractiveness of mathematical knowledge for philosophers that is characterized by the fact that the truth is revealed along with a proof in mathematics. One of the main so-called “acupuncture points” of mathematical education of philosophers, as the author believes, is the language of modern mathematics. In General, the linguistic aspect is very important in modern science. The second “acupuncture point” of mathematical education of philosophers is the level of evidence claims. Third, according to the author, is responsible for knowledge of mathematical truths, is involved in not only our existence, but also transcendental knowledge. In the context of philosophy of the future of modern civilization, mathematics is indispensable as a necessary element of scientific and philosophical picture of the world. To support the conclusions the author draws a broad philosophical and scientific context.
- • mathematical education of philosophers
- • humanitarian mathematics
- • the language of mathematics
- • provability of statements
- • mathematical truth
- Manin Yu. I. Matematika kak metafora [Mathematics as Metaphor]. Moscow: MTsNMO, 2008.
- Uspenskii V. A. Apologiya matematiki: sbornik statei [The Apology of Mathematics]. Saint Petersburg: Amfora, 2011.
- Erovenko V. A. Alma mater. 2011. No. 6. Pp. 64–69.
- Erovenko V. A. Pedagogika. 2012. No. 2. Pp. 43–50.
- Erovenko V. A. Liberal Arts in Russia. 2013. Vol. 2. No. 6. Pp. 523–530. https://doi.org/10.15643/libartrus-2014.6.4
- Erovenko V. A. Alma mater. 2013. No. 4. Pp. 30–35.
- Erovenko V. A. Pedagogika. 2013. No. 9. Pp. 46–52.
- Kurant R., Robbins G. Chto takoe matematika [What Is Mathematics?]. Moscow: MTsNMO, 2004.
- Puankare A. Poslednie raboty [Recent Works]. Izhevsk: Regulyarnaya i khaoticheskaya dinamika, 2001.