The Structure of the Negative Reception of Fyodor Dostoevsky in Contemporary Culture
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2014. Vol. 3. No. 5. Pp. 404-412.Get the full text (Russian)Email: email@example.com
One of the trends of modern mass perception of Dostoevsky, denial and controversy with a classic, is described in the article. The work also contains a brief history of this tradition of perception. From the point of view of its structure, any renunciation of Dostoevsky or any polemics with him is founded on the rejection of the “fantasticality” of his poetics or the identification of the writer with one of his heroes. The paradigm of this receptive tradition was defined in the first lifetime responses about Dostoyevsky. In the twentieth century, the controversy with Dostoevsky turned into a purely ideological plane. New rethinking of the writer began only in the middle of the century. The article gives notoriety to the unknown until recently historical source - youth diary of Romain Nazirov, who later became the largest Russian literary scholar. The most recent element of negative perceptive tradition of Dostoevsky - is rejection of him as of boring cultural stamp. It is noteworthy that in recent decades the trend of mass and elite culture is largely identical in relation to Dostoevsky (at the same time, the scientific perception of Dostoevsky, on the contrary, significantly diverges from them). From this perspective, the article analyzes the series of mass and elite interpretations of Dostoevsky in Contemporary Culture.
- • Dostoevsky
- • tradition
- • polemics
- • Romain Nazirov
- • contemporary culture
- ARGN, op. 4., d. 2 «Dnevnik 1952–1955», l. 301.
- Borukhov B. Vertikal'nye normy bytiya. URL: http://kolonna.mitin.com/archive.php?address=http://kolonna.mitin.com/archive/mj25/boruhov.shtml
- Kusturitsa E. Izvestiya. 24.09.2012.
- Lyubov' i nenavist'. URL: http://www.lovehate.ru/Dostoevsky
- Malenkov G. Otchetnyi doklad XIX s''ezdu partii o rabote Tsentral'nogo Komiteta VKP(b) [Report to the XIXth Party Congress on the Work of the Central Committee of the CPSU(B)]. Moscow: Gospolitizdat, 1952.
- Nazirov R. G. Bolevoi effekt Dostoevskii: estetika i poetika. Slovar'-spravochnik. Chelyabinsk, 1997. Pp. 73–74.
- Nazirov R. G. Filol. nauki. 1994. No. 2. Pp. 3–12.
- Orekhov B. V. Nazirovskii arkhiv. 2013. No. 1. Pp. 144–159.
- Paramonov B. Russkii evropeets Dmitrii Svyatopolk-Mirskii. URL: http://www.svoboda.org/content/article/366610.html
- Pogorelova I. Yu. Kontseptualist-skaya strategiya kak zhanroobrazuyushchaya sistema tvorchestva D. A. Prigova: avtoref. dis. … kand. filol. nauk. Pyatigorsk, 2011.
- Roganov S. Izvestiya. 26.09.2012.
- Svyatopolk-Mirskii D. P. Realizm Literaturnaya entsiklopediya v 11 t. M., 1935. Vol. 9. Stb. 548–576.
- Shaulov S. S. Nazirovskii arkhiv. 2014. No. 4. Pp. 4–5.
- Shaulov S. S. Evangel'skii tekst v russkoi literature XVIII–XX vekov: tsitata, reministsentsiya, motiv, syuzhet, zhanr. No. 7. Petrozavodsk, 2012. Pp. 216–223.
- Shechkin V. Neprotivlenie zlu nasiliya. URL: http://old.sakharov-center.ru/museum/exhibitionhall/religion_notabene/hall_exhibitions_religion2.htm
- Shechkin V. URL: http://www.shechkin.ru