Interaction Between Cultural Values and Attitudes Towards Innovation
Liberal Arts in Russia. 2013. Vol. 2. No. 5. Pp. 426-434.Get the full text (Russian)Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The review of current innovation policy in Russia represented in this work. Author makes stress on personal attitude of the national leaders to innovations: they are sure that focusing on full realization of one's potential and on innovation inevitably would lead Russia to be one of technology leaders of the world before 2020. The basis of this belief lays in currently processing shift of social values in Russia. Author notes that there are just few works revealing connection between cultural values and attitude to innovation and the question of the connection is still open. Nevertheless nowadays it has become obvious for the scientists all over the world that an indispensable condition of economic growth and prosperity of the country is transition of economy to an innovative phase of development. Ability to innovations in general and to innovations of a certain type is a property of the one’s mentality, their cultural specifics. Distinctions in abilities of the different nations to innovate depend on the nature of culture and on the cultural environment.
- • Innovativeness
- • the attitude to innovation
- • creativity
- • cultural values
- Lebedeva N. M. Psikhologicheskii zhurnal. 2009. Vol. 30. No. 6.
- Cherkasova L. L. Al'manakh sovremennoi nauki i obrazovaniya. Tambov: Gramota, 2012. No. 12(67). Ch. I.
- Yakovets Yu. V. Uskorenie nauchno-tekhnologicheskogo progressa: teoriya i ekonomicheskii mekhanizm [Acceleration of Scientific and Technological Progress: Theory and Economic Mechanism]. Moscow: Ekonomika, 1988.
- Arieti S. Creativity: the Magic Synthesis. New York: Basic Books, 1976.
- Dollinger S. J. Journ. of Creative Behavior. 2006. No. 40.
- Dollinger S. J. Journ. of Creative Behavior. 2005. No. 35.
- Fukuyama F. International Encyclopedia of the Social and Behavioral Sciences. 2001.
- Geertz C. The interpretation of cultures. New York: Basic Books, 1973.
- Grewal R., Mehta R., Kardes F. R. Journ. of Economic Psychology. 2000. No. 21.
- Hofstede G., Culture’s consequences: International differences in work related values. Beverly Hills, 1980.
- Jones G. K., Herbert J. Management International Review. 2000. Vol. 40. No. 1. Pp. 11–39.
- Kelly T., Littman J., Peters T. The Art of Innovation: Lessons in Creativity from IDEO, America’s Leading Design Firm. New York: Doubleday Publishing, 2001.
- Mayer R. Handbook of Creativity. Ed. R. J. Sternberg. London: Cambridge University Press, 1999.
- Rinne T., G. Steel D., Fairweather J. Cross-Cultural Research. 2012. No. 46(2).
- Rogers E. M. Diffusion of Innovations. 5th ed. New York: Free Press, 2003.
- Schon D. Harvard Business Review. No. 41.
- Shane S. Journ. of Business Venturing. 1992. No. 7.
- Shane S., Venkataraman S., MacMillan I. Journ. of High Technology Management Research. Vol. 5. No. 2.
- Smith A. An Inquiry into the Nature of Causes of the Wealth of Nations. London: Strahan and Cadell, 1977. https://doi.org/10.7208/chicago/9780226763750.001.0001
- Smith P. B., Bond, M. H. Social Psychology across Cultures: Analysis and Perspectives. New York – London: Harvester Wheatsheaf, 1993.
- Stoikan M., Camarda A. L. International Journ. and Information Technologies. Iss. 4. Vol. 5.
- Styhre A., Börjesson S. Innovativeness and Creativity in Bureaucratic Organizations: Evidence from the Pharma-ceutical and the Automotive Industry. Coventry, 2006.
- Subramanian M., Youndt M. A. Academy of Management Journal. 2005. Vol. 48, No. 3., Pp. 450–463. https://doi.org/10.5465/AMJ.2005.17407911
- Venkataraman S., McMillan I., McGrath R. State of the Art in Entrepreneurship. Ed. D. Sexton. New York: Kent, 1992.
- Westwood R., David R. Culture, Creativity and Innovation International Journal of Cross Cultural Management. 2003. Vol. 3. Pp. 235.
- Yu-Fang Yen. The impact of bank’s human capital on organizational performance: how innovation influences performance. URL: http://www.innovation-enterprise.com/archives/vol/14/issue/4/article/4528/the-impact-of-bank%92s-human-capital-on.